- Three league divisions are as follows: 3rd and 4th grade, 5th and 6th grade, & 7th and 8th grade
- Every attempt will be made by the Director to keep the team rosters to a maximum of 14 players. Please recognize that there may be exceptions based upon the number of registrations received.
- Every effort will be made to honor requests for players to play with friends or for certain coaches, based upon the number of registrations and the number of requests. New players will be added to existing rosters from the previous season, such as to maintain some continuity among the coaches for purposes of teaching basic skills.
- Players may be added to teams after the registration deadline at the discretion of the Director.
- All players and coaches are expected to attend and be on time for weekly practices and games. We urge that parents provide coaches with 24-hour notice if you anticipate not making a practice or a game, in fairness to the other members of the team and the coach’s time.
- All coaches (head coaches and assistants) are required to attend VIRTUS training, as mandated by the Diocese of Covington and Blessed Sacrament School. Information on training sessions can be found at www.virtus.org.
- There are to be a minimum of two responsible adults (VIRTUS-trained) at each practice and game.
- Coaches must ensure that all players have parents or designated guardians pick them up at the conclusion of each practice and game. The coach is expected to stay at the practice/game location until all players have been escorted from that location.
- Parents/guardians should be prompt in dropping off/picking up their children, out of courtesy for the coaching staff.
- All players will be given the opportunity for equal playing time, both in the field on defense and in the batting order.
- The batting order and speed of the game will dictate how many ‘at-bats’ each player receives.
- It is recommended that Defensive players change positions every inning, to ensure all players have equal opportunity to play infield/outfield.
COMMUNICATION AND SPORTSMANSHIP
- Players, coaches, and parents/guardians are accountable for their behavior during practices and games. They are expected to display good sportsmanship and a positive attitude towards other players, coaches, and parents/guardians. If unsportsmanlike behavior is displayed, it will be up to the Director to determine whether or not corrective action should be taken. Disrespectful or unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of any player, coach, or parent will not be tolerated.